You’re not alone if you thought Panko was only for Asian cuisine. But, nothing could be further from the truth. Panko can be used in almost every type of cuisine. Simply stated, Upper Crust Panko is another (better) type of breadcrumb and can be used just like breadcrumbs, but with 26% higher yield, a clean ingredient deck and provides superior results.
Still not convinced? What if we showed you 3 simple ways an Authentic Panko can transform standard American classics from ordinary to extraordinary?
Jazz it up with Panko in your own flour mix!
- Panko as a Crispy Coating. An authentic Japanese Panko will add a light-airy crispy texture to fried items without an oily taste. A quality authentic Panko will release oil after frying which helps keep sogginess at bay, giving your menu item an extra appealing plate presentation and a light crispy taste. Try it on Beer-Batter Onion Rings or Crispy Chicken Fingers!
- Top Crusting with Panko. Panko is an excellent top coating for baked menu items; casseroles, macaroni and cheese and even desserts. Panko’s light and airy texture is worlds away from the heavy, overly bready taste of standard bread crumbs that overpower the flavor of your dish. Authentic Panko is flavor neutral; it adds texture and crispiness without changing the flavor.
- Use Panko as a Mix-in and Stuffing. Authentic Japanese Panko helps retain moisture without adding a bready flavor, making it excellent to use as a mix-in for meatloaf, crab cakes, hamburgers, and fish cakes. Any recipe that needs moisture control will work perfectly with Panko. Additionally, Panko also makes an incredibly light stuffing for mushrooms and fish.
Or Jazz it up with one of our turnkey flour mixes! (Ask us about your very own custom blend) See why restaurants have turned to our dual turnkey flour mix that can be used as a pre-dust and batter. Create consistent crispy-fried foods with the perfect amount of seasonings and texture.
MCM Chicken Fry: Perfectly balanced and seasoned all-purpose flour mix for a crispy result
All Purpose Seasoned Flour Mix: Provides a light crispy texture that stays crispy for extended periods with a mild spice note.
Need more Convincing? Try it For Free!
We personally invite Professional Chefs, Restaurants and food distributors to try Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Japanese Panko – FREE.
Our Authentic Panko is available in multiple grind sizes (all included in your free sample kit) experiment and find the grind size you like best.
Experience firsthand the difference an Authentic Japanese Panko will have on your menu items.
- Taste lighter and crispy.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provides a better yield than standard Panko.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs are available exclusively to Professional Chefs, Restaurants (large or small) and Food Distributors.
After you receive your sample, please visit our Recipe Suggestions and have fun trying new recipes and discovering how such a little crumb can hugely impact your favorite dishes!
Our Authentic Panko products are certified GMO Free, vegan, Kosher and Halal.
About Upper Crust Enterprises
Upper Crust Enterprises has been producing Authentic Japanese Panko for over 40 years. Our Panko is produced in the USA using USA-supplied ingredients. Because of our versatility and authentic quality, we are becoming increasingly popular in many restaurants, from Italian Bistros to many major chain restaurants.
To learn more and request a sample of an Authentic Panko Visit Upper Crust Enterprises at www.UpperCrustEnt.com