Panko is not a brand name, it’s a product description of a very distinct type of Japanese breadcrumb. A truly authentic Japanese Panko is made from a short list of high quality ingredients and produced in a very specific way. Because the word Panko is popular, it’s commonly used to describe a wide range of breadcrumbs, including gluten free products, that aren’t even close to the authentic Panko produced in Japan.
Don’t be fooled by imposter brands. The quality difference between an Authentic Japanese Panko and a standard Panko or breadcrumb are substantial. Customer demand for high quality fresh, clean ingredients is greater than ever and you can meet this demands by using an Authentic Panko.
Quality Matters, Even with Panko
If you’re using one of the many available standard Panko products, we’d like to show you the difference between a standard Panko and a truly Authentic Japanese Panko.
In the comparison images above note the visible differences in:
- Shape: Authentic Panko has a sliver shape crumb vs. the standard round Panko. The sliver shape provides better highlights making the coated product look bigger and more appetizing.
- Texture: Authentic Panko has a light airy texture vs. a hard, dense texture. The airy Panko provides a light crispy taste vs. a heavy hard crunchy taste.
- Size: Authentic Panko has fewer fines with a larger sliver shape crumb vs. small round crumb. Size makes a big difference in the overall plate presentation and yield.
- Yield: Since Authentic Panko is light and airy, it provides a 30% better yield when compared to standard Panko. Since Panko is purchased by the pound but used by volume, the airy larger crumb goes further.
Panko breadcrumbs should never be hard or dense. Only a truly authentic Japanese Panko will give your menu items a delicate, light and crispy texture without a heavy oily taste.
In addition to the light delicate texture, an Authentic Japanese Panko also meets the popular demand for clean and GMO free ingredients your customers want. No preservatives, dough conditioners or any flavor enhancers.
Try a Truly Authentic Panko and compare against your current Panko.
For over 35 years, Upper Crust Enterprises has been producing Authentic Panko breadcrumbs for Japanese and many other restaurants across the globe. Keeping to the traditional Japanese methods and taking the time to do it right in blending, baking elongated drying process, and grinding is the secret.
Exclusively for Professional Chef and Food Distributors
Although you can’t buy Upper Crust Enterprises authentic Japanese Panko at your local grocery store, you can buy it from your food distributor or contact us directly for a free, no hassle, and no obligation sample for your restaurant or professional kitchen!
We invite all professional chefs and food distributors to try a free sample of our Authentic Japanese Panko. Compare and taste the difference between Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs and standard Panko.
We Guarantee Upper Crust Enterprises Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crisper.
- Stay crispy longer.
- Provide a better yield & plate presentation.
Upper Crust Enterprises authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs are available in All Natural. All of our Panko is certified GMO Free, vegan, Kosher and Halal. The traditional Japanese methods provide a Panko that gives your menu items a light, crispy texture without an oily taste or overly hard texture.
Quality does matter, especially in Panko. Don’t settle for anything less than an Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumb.