Breadcrumbs are a “must have” staple used in a wide range of menu items; unfortunately they are often overlooked as an unimportant ingredient. After all, it’s just a breadcrumb right? Wrong. With so many restaurants evolving their menus to meet the ever-increasing demand for plant based foods, free of artificial additives and Non GMO ingredients and lets not forget the consumers desire for crispy foods with better texture, it’s time to reconsider your current brand of breadcrumbs. Are they vegan / vegetarian, do they have clean label ingredients, do they add texture to your menu items, GMO Free? If your answer was “No” to any of these questions, it’s time to think about replacing your standard breadcrumbs with a vegan breadcrumb. And not just any vegan breadcrumb, one that meets your customer’s criteria of vegan, clean label ingredients, but also delivers an improved crispy texture that out preforms standard crumbs.
Most standard breadcrumbs contain milk, egg, honey, preservatives and dough conditioners. Each of these ingredients are not vegan and far from “clean label”. A simple solution is to replace standard crumbs with an All Natural Fine Grind Authentic Japanese Panko!
Have you used a Fine Grind Authentic Panko instead of standard breadcrumbs? If you haven’t, you will be pleasantly surprised with the overall improvement it makes with your recipes. Best yet, your customers will be impressed with the difference it makes.
Authentic Japanese Panko is the Vegan Breadcrumb of Choice
Fine Grind Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs are the perfect replacement for standard breadcrumbs for so many reasons.
- Vegan / Vegetarian
- Non-GMO Certified
- No artificial additives – only 4 ingredients – Wheat flour, Organic cane sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt
- Flavor Neutral – will not overpower your menu item with a bready flavor
- Delivers a super crispy texture & stays crispy longer
- Better water absorption so keeps meat loaf & meatball juicier and more flavorful
- Can be used in all recipes that require breadcrumbs
An Authentic Panko is a better version of traditional breadcrumbs, and we are confident once you try them they will become your new go-to breadcrumb of choice.
Not all Panko is Authentic – How to Spot Imposters
Not all panko brands are Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs, the difference is substantial and using a brand that isn’t authentic could deliver unsavory results. It’s easy to tell the difference just by looking; an Authentic Panko will have the following characteristics:
If your current Panko is hard and dense in texture and has a round shaped crumb, it’s not an Authentic Panko. An Authentic Panko is always light and delicate with a sliver shaped flaky crumb and has the following characteristics:
- Shape: Authentic Panko has a sliver shape and flaky crumb. The sliver shape provides better highlights making the coated product look bigger and more appetizing.
- Texture: Authentic Panko has a light airy delicate texture, providing a light crispy taste. Standard Panko will be round with a hard dense texture.
- Size: Authentic Panko has fewer fines with a larger sliver shape flaky crumb vs. the round hard crumb of standard Panko. Size matters and has a significant impact on the overall plate presentation and yield.
- Yield: Authentic Panko is light and airy, it provides at least a 26% better yield when compared to standard Panko. Since Panko is purchased by the pound but used by volume, the airy larger crumb goes further.
Now, compare the difference of Authentic Panko to standard breadcrumbs and see how a simple change can have a huge impact on your menu applications.
The Fine Grind Authentic Panko breadcrumbs has all the great light and delicate texture of Panko, but ground smaller making it a better match to the look and performance of standard breadcrumbs but delivers a much better crispy texture and overall performance.
Exclusively for Professional Chef and Food Distributors
We invite all professional chefs and food distributors to try a free sample of our Authentic Panko. Compare and experience the differences first hand.
We guarantee Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crispier.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provide a better yield than standard Panko.
- Preform better than standard breadcrumbs.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Our simple and clean ingredients is just one of the many things that sets Upper Crust Enterprises apart from other foodservice brands. We only use traditional ingredients, without additives, dough conditioner or preservatives. Our Authentic Panko products are certified GMO Free, Vegan / Vegetarian, Kosher and Halal, making them the perfect choice for any professional kitchen.
Upper Crust Enterprises
Upper Crust Enterprises has been producing Authentic Panko for Japanese restaurants and many other types restaurants across the globe for more than three decades. Strictly keeping to the traditional Japanese methods and taking the time to do it right, each and every time, is what makes our Panko a pure Authentic Panko.
At Upper Crust Enterprises we’ve been keeping it “Clean” for over 35 years. For us, keeping our Authentic Japanese Panko and our Tempura batter mix free of additives, antibiotics and artificial ingredients isn’t a trend; it’s who we are.