Italian breadcrumbs are an ingredient all professional chefs are well acquitted with, but not all chefs know there is a better alternative, one that will make a huge difference, especially for creating a better crispy texture. The better breadcrumb is Italian Seasoned Panko. It can do anything a standard breadcrumb can, only better.
The key benefits that make Italian Panko a better choice than standard Italian breadcrumbs are:
- Crispier texture – which holds up better to sauce and excellent for take out.
- No bready flavor – Panko breadcrumbs are flavor neutral, so you taste the spices and the food without a dense bready flavor.
- Bigger and better plate presentation – Panko has a flaky sliver shape so it provides a better look and makes coated items look bigger.
- Less Oily – Panko releases oil so your coated items are not oily or soggy, but light and crispy.
- Cleaner ingredient declaration – most Italian breadcrumbs have a long list of chemicals and dough conditioners. Not Panko, it has a short list of ingredients with no preservatives or dough conditioners.
Replace your standard Italian breadcrumbs with Upper Crust Enterprises Italian Seasoned Panko, risk free. We are so confident you and your customers will love the change that we provide a 100% guarantee. Our Italian Panko will perform better and create a taste and texture combination that is sure to impress even the most discerning customers.
Versatility of Italian Panko
Upper Crust Enterprises Italian Panko is a delicious blend of Authentic Panko and premium Italian-style spices, with just a touch of spicy heat. It is the perfect ingredient for adding a little something extra to all of your Italian classics; Chicken Parmesan, Italian Meatballs and Arancini, to name just a few.
Best of all, Upper Crust Italian Panko can be used in any dish requiring Italian breadcrumbs – a crispy topping for baked casseroles, a breading for fried foods, as a binder for meatballs and also as a stuffing for mushrooms.
Not only does this amazing little ingredient add “something extra” to menu items, it holds up better to sauces and hot oil than standard Italian breadcrumbs.
Italian Seasoned Panko Compared to Standard Breadcrumb:
- Shape: Authentic Panko has a flaky sliver shape crumb vs. the small hard round crumb of standard breadcrumbs. The sliver shape will provide better highlights making the coated product look bigger and more appetizing.
- Texture: Authentic Panko has a light airy texture vs. the hard dry texture of standard breadcrumbs. The light airy texture gives Panko it’s lighter and crispier taste and let’s it hold up better to sauces.
- Less Oily taste: Each Panko crumb has a tiny little air pockets (giving it the airy texture) so when frying, hot oil goes into the air pocket and browns the crumb, but when pulled out of the fryer, the oil drains out. Providing your menu item a great crispy coating without a greasy taste. Standard breadcrumbs don’t release the oil as easily which creates a dense heavy tasting coating.
- Yield: Because Panko is light and airy, it provides a better yield. Breadcrumbs are purchased by the pound, but used by volume, making the airy larger crumb of Panko go further.
Not all Panko is Authentic
Not all Panko is the same and it is easy to see the difference between a standard and Authentic Panko, look for the following to ensure you’re getting an Authentic Panko.
- Sliver shape crumb (flaky look) – many Panko brands have small round crumbs
- Light airy texture – standard Panko will have a hard and dense texture. You want your Panko to have a light crispy texture
Exclusively for Professional Chef and Food Distributors
We personally invite you (Professional Chefs, Restaurants and food distributors only) to try Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Panko – FREE.
Experience firsthand the difference an Authentic Japanese Panko will have on your menu items.
We guarantee our Authentic Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crispy.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provides a better yield than standard Panko.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Panko breadcrumbs are available exclusively to Professional Chefs, Restaurants (large or small) and Food Distributors.
All of our Authentic Panko products are certified GMO Free, vegan/vegetarian, Kosher and Halal.