Maintaining the vision of Masashi Kawaguchi, siblings, Lauren and Jonathan Kawaguchi are ready to lead the next generation forward. Both Lauren and Jonathan are actively involved in Upper Crust Enterprises and learning the ins and outs of producing Authentic Panko, while fulfilling their grandfather’s original vision.
Lauren and Jonathan grew up in the family business beside their father, Gary Kawaguchi. Jonathan works closely with employees in the plant as plant manager overseeing operations and scheduling. While Jonathan spends his time in the plant, Lauren focuses her attention on the company finances as senior staff accountant and on human resources, gaining insight and understanding on how the business operates.
As an inclusive family business, the Kawaguchis value their employees and are attentive to their opinions. “Kazoku” means “family” in Japanese and it is the best word to describe how the Kawaguchi family feels about and treats the dedicated employees at Upper Crust Enterprises. Many of whom have been a part of the family for 10, 20, and even over 30 years. Like a family, the employees at Upper Crust Enterprises work together to best support their customers.
Passion and commitment to quality and providing a high standard of customer service is the key to any successful business. Along with these core values, Upper Crust Enterprises remains focused on producing the best Authentic Panko each and every day. Delivering on that promise with a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
It is safe to say the legacy of Masashi Kawaguchi will continue, the future generation is in capable and willing hands!
Not all Panko is Authentic
When it comes to choosing which brand of Panko to use, it is important to understand not all panko brands are Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs. Standard brands of panko are not made the same, so they can’t perform the same.
An Authentic Panko is always light and delicate with a sliver shaped flaky crumb and has the following characteristics:
- Shape: Authentic Panko has a sliver shape and flaky crumb. The sliver shape provides better highlights making the coated product look bigger and more appetizing.
- Texture: Authentic Panko has a light airy delicate texture, providing a light crispy taste. Standard Panko will be round with a hard dense texture.
- Size: Authentic Panko has fewer fines with a larger sliver shape flaky crumb vs. the round hard crumb of standard Panko. Size matters and has a significant impact on the overall plate presentation and yield.
- Yield: Authentic Panko is light and airy, it provides at least a 26% better yield when compared to standard Panko. Since Panko is purchased by the pound but used by volume, the airy larger crumb goes further.
Exclusively for Professional Chef and Food Distributors
We invite all professional chefs and food distributors to try a free sample of our Authentic Panko. Compare and experience the differences first hand.
We guarantee Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic All Natural Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crispier.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provide a better yield than standard Panko.
- Perform better than standard breadcrumbs.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Our simple and clean ingredients is just one of the many things that sets Upper Crust Enterprises apart from other foodservice brands. We only use traditional ingredients, without additives, dough conditioner or preservatives. Our Authentic Panko products are certified GMO Free, Vegan / Vegetarian, Kosher and Halal, making them the perfect choice for any professional kitchen.