Last year’s surge in plant-based menu options is still on the rise for the upcoming year and was listed #2 on “Storytelling: Winning with Words” leads the list of Innova Market Insights’ Top Ten Trends for 2020.
Also continuing to trend in the upcoming year and listed at #5, “Tapping into Texture”. “Last year’s leading trend “Discovery: the Adventurous Consumer” is still prominent, with consumer demand for something new and different being reflected in more product launches with textural claims. Consumers increasingly recognize the influence of texture on food and beverages, allowing a heightened sensory experience and often a greater feeling of indulgence. According to Innova Market Insights research, 45% of, on average, US and UK consumers are influenced by texture when buying food and drinks, while 68% share the opinion that textures contribute to a more interesting food and beverage experience.”
Authentic Panko – A Better Option Than Standard Breadcrumbs or Standard Panko
Replacing standard breadcrumbs or standard Panko with Authentic Panko is an excellent way to incorporate the top food trends into any menu. This simple change provides consumers a plant-based ingredient that adds a crispy and light texture to a wide range of applications, Authentic Panko is ideal.
Most standard breadcrumbs are made using day-old and even expired bread from grocery stores. The core ingredient, bread, may be from multiple manufacturers and can contain a wide range of ingredients, plus many allergens.
Unlike standard bread crumbs, an Authentic Panko enhances flavor, adds texture and never overpowers menu items, all while meeting the demands of consumers in their quest for replacement foods/ingredients that are plant-based, dairy free, with clean ingredients free of dyes or artificial flavors and GMO Free.
A truly Authentic Panko is a simple and pure ingredient and a perfect alternative to bread crumbs. Best of all, it can be used in countless applications:
- Adds Better Texture – An Authentic Panko adds texture, enhancing the foods natural flavor. It’s light airy texture is what gives it the ability to absorb 3 times its weight in moisture – making it an excellent binder and mix-in for items like vegetarian burgers, vegetable gratins and as a top coating for pastas, gratins and even fruit cobblers!
- Improves Appearance – Using an Authentic Panko as a breading creates a delicate and delicious crispiness providing fried foods a lighter coating which stays crispy longer, making your coated items look larger, all without an over-bready look or and oily appearance (or taste!)
- Versatility – Authentic Panko is incredibly versatile, from starters to desserts and just about every type of cuisine you can imagine, Panko is an excellent choice to add texture and improve the appearance of any menu item from deep fried veggies to a light crispy topping for Mac n Cheese, and yes, even desserts.
Not All Panko is Authentic Japanese Panko
Not all Panko brands are Authentic Japanese Panko. The difference between Authentic Panko and many standard brands are substantial in appearance and performance. If you’ve experienced a hard and dense Panko, chances are it wasn’t Authentic Panko.
An Authentic Panko is easy to identify visually, look for the following characteristics:
- Large sliver shape crumb (flaky look) – many Panko brands have small round crumbs.
- Light airy texture – some Panko brand have large crumbs but they are very hard and dense.
- Authentic Panko will always be light and airy with a sliver or flaky looking crumb.
The majority of our Panko is sold to Japanese and Asian restaurant chefs worldwide, however, because of our versatility and authentic qualities, we are becoming increasingly popular in a wide range of restaurants, from Italian Bistros to major chain restaurants.
Experience A Truly Authentic Japanese Panko
We personally invite you (Professional Chefs, Restaurants and food distributors only) to try Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Japanese Panko – FREE.
Experience firsthand the difference an Authentic Japanese Panko will have on your menu items.
We guarantee our Authentic Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crispy.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provides a better yield than standard Panko.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs are available exclusively to Professional Chefs, Restaurants (large or small) and Food Distributors.
Upper Crust Enterprises authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs are All Natural and certified GMO Free, vegan, Kosher and Halal.