When major fast-food chains start adding vegan and vegetarian options it’s a clear indicator that plant-based menu options are more than a fad. Forbes recently published an excellent article, “Veganism And Vegetarianism Are Changing Fast Food” expertly outlining what’s driving the increased awareness and appeal for more plant-based food options. Over the past several years we’ve seen a steady growth in consumer demand for plant-based menu items, and we have a simple solution to help any menu – Authentic Panko. That’s right, an Authentic Panko is a plant-based breadcrumb that is vegan, Kosher, Halal and non-GMO certified.
Authentic Panko is a Plant-based Breadcrumb
Most standard breadcrumbs contain dairy, artificial flavors, preservatives and other undesirable ingredients for plant-based foods. Whereas an Authentic Panko breadcrumb is dairy free, free of preservatives, artificial flavors and dyes – completely vegan and is also Non-GMO certified, as well as Kosher and Halal. An authentic Panko is a perfect replacement for standard breadcrumbs, especially when creating vegan and vegetarian foods. Use it as a binder for veggie burgers, or as a light crispy topping for salads, pasta and even as a sweet crispy topping for baked fruit. A truly Authentic Panko will enhance flavor, add a crispy texture and never (never) overpower your menu items.
Not All Panko is Authentic
How do you know if you are using an authentic Panko? First, check the list of ingredients. An authentic Panko will have a very clean ingredient declaration: Wheat Flour, shortening, cane sugar, yeast and salt. That’s it – no additives, no preservatives.
Second, look and feel the Panko. If it is has a hard dense texture, it is not an Authentic Panko. An Authentic Panko will have the following characteristics:
- Shape: Authentic Panko has a sliver shape and flaky crumb. The sliver shape provides better highlights making the coated product look bigger and more appetizing.
- Texture: Authentic Panko has a light airy delicate texture, providing a light crispy taste. Standard Panko will be round with a hard dense texture.
- Size: Authentic Panko has fewer fines with a larger sliver shape flaky crumb vs. the round hard crumb of standard Panko. Size matters and has a significant impact on the overall plate presentation and yield.
- Yield: Authentic Panko is light and airy, it provides at least a 26% better yield when compared to standard Panko. Since Panko is purchased by the pound but used by volume, the airy larger crumb goes further.
Only an Authentic Japanese Panko will give your vegetarian and vegan menu items a delicate, light crispy texture you crave without the oily taste.
Exclusively for Professional Chef and Food Distributors
We invite all professional chefs and food distributors to try a free sample of our Authentic Japanese Panko. Compare and experience the differences first hand.
We guarantee Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Japanese Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crispy.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provides a better yield than standard Panko.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Our simple and clean ingredients is just one of the many things that sets us apart from our competitors. Using only the traditional ingredients, no additives, dough conditioner or preservatives. All of our Panko products are certified GMO Free, Vegan, Kosher and Halal, making it the perfect choice for any professional kitchen.
Upper Crust Enterprises
Upper Crust Enterprises has been producing Authentic Panko for Japanese restaurants and many other types restaurants across the globe for more than three decades. Strictly keeping to the traditional Japanese methods and taking the time to do it right, each and every time, is what makes our Panko a pure Authentic Panko.
At Upper Crust Enterprises we’ve been keeping it “real” for over 35 years. For us, keeping our Authentic Japanese Panko and our Tempura batter mix free of additives, antibiotics and artificial ingredients isn’t a trend; it’s who we are.