The popularity for more natural food choices and the quest for new and exciting tastes and texture has brought about an increased interest in Nama Panko. But exactly what is Nama Panko? Unless you have spent time visiting or living in Japan, this hidden gem might not be something you’ve ever heard of. Nama Panko (生パン粉) is Fresh Panko, Nama translates to Fresh.
Simply stated, its Panko breadcrumbs that are fresh, not dried.
Two major benefits of Nama Panko, compared to dry Panko, is the size and the flexibility of the crumb. Nama Panko has a crumb that is 2-3 times larger than dry Panko. The larger crumb size of Nama (Fresh) Panko delivers a lighter and more delicate texture and the flexibility of the fresh crumb provides a more visually dramatic plate appeal.
The large crumb size not only delivers a beautiful plate presentation, the moisture contained in the fresh breadcrumbs enhances the crispy texture.
Nama Panko is a Premium Panko
Superior texture along with its versatility in a variety of different applications has made Nama Panko a premium panko breadcrumb used mainly in Japanese Restaurants.
For the customer that demands the very best Panko available, Upper Crust Enterprises Nama Panko is your best choice.
Nama Panko is a fresh breadcrumb, made without preservatives, and must be kept frozen during storage and once thawed, used within 2-3 days. This might not be suitable for all restaurants.
If you need a more shelf-stable Panko, Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Dry Panko is a great option. Because it is an Authentic Panko, it will deliver a light crispy texture compared to standard Panko provided by foodservice distributors.
Not all Panko is Authentic – How to Spot Imposters
Not all panko brands are Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs, the difference is substantial and using a brand that isn’t authentic could deliver unsavory results. It’s easy to tell the difference just by looking; an Authentic Panko will have the following characteristics:
- Shape: Authentic Panko has a sliver shape and flaky crumb. The sliver shape provides better highlights making the coated product look bigger and more appetizing.
- Texture: Authentic Panko has a light airy delicate texture, providing a light crispy taste. Standard Panko will be round with a hard dense texture.
- Size: Authentic Panko has fewer fines with a larger sliver shape flaky crumb vs. theround hard crumb of standard Panko. Size matters and has a significant impact on the overall plate presentation and yield.
- Yield: Authentic Panko is light and airy, it provides at least a 26% better yield when compared to standard Panko. Since Panko is purchased by the pound but used by volume, the airy larger crumb goes further.
If your current Panko has a hard and dense texture with a round shaped crumb, it’s not an Authentic Panko.
Taste the Difference – Authentic Japanese Panko
We personally invite Professional Chefs, Restaurants and food distributors to try Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Japanese Panko – FREE.
Experience firsthand the difference an Authentic Japanese Panko will have on your menu items.
We guarantee our Authentic Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crispy.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provides a better yield than standard Panko.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs are available exclusively to Professional Chefs, Restaurants (large or small) and Food Distributors.
Our Authentic Panko products are certified GMO Free, vegan and vegetarian friendly, Kosher and Halal.
About Upper Crust Enterprises
For over 35 years, Upper Crust Enterprises has been producing Authentic Panko breadcrumbs for restaurants across the globe. Keeping to the traditional Japanese methods and taking the time to do it right for every batch produced, from blending, baking, to the elongated drying process, and all the through to the final grinding. The traditional Japanese methods provide a Panko that will give your menu items a light, crispy texture without an oily taste or overly hard texture.
How much is your nama panko product? I couldn’t find product info on your website.
Thank you so much for your inquiry. Our Nama Panko was discontinued earlier this year.
If you are a chef, owner, or food distributor, and would like to purchase, or request a free sample kit, of our Traditional Authentic Panko, please visit https://www.uppercrustent.com/sample-request/
For home/personal use please visit: https://www.uppercrustent.com/shop/