Carefully reading the ingredient list is critical in selecting a clean-label and vegan breadcrumb. Standard breadcrumbs brands can contain hidden animal such as milk, eggs, and honey but also sugar. Many, if not most, sugar is filtered using bone char, making it a non-vegan ingredient. An All Natural Panko is quickly becoming the new favorite vegan breadcrumb in professional kitchens and not just because they are vegan and clean-label – they out preform standard breadcrumbs and can be used in a wide range of applications.
Replacing standard breadcrumbs with All Natural Panko is an easy solution! An authentic Japanese Panko can do anything a breadcrumb can, only better. All Natural authentic Japanese panko breadcrumbs are made using only traditional GMO free ingredients (unbleached wheat flour, organic cane sugar, fresh yeast, sea salt) without any additives, sub ingredients, dough conditioner or preservatives, without any animal products in any of the processing aids. Simple and clean ingredients are ideal for plant-based, vegan or any menu items.
Most importantly, an Authentic Panko can be used in any application requiring breadcrumbs. As a binder for veggie burgers, a light crispy breading for fried foods and even a topper for baked fruit, a truly Authentic Panko will enhance flavor, add a crispy texture and never (ever) overpower your menu items.
Not all Panko is Authentic – How to Spot Imposters
Not all panko brands are Authentic Japanese Panko breadcrumbs, the difference is substantial in performance and quality. If your current Panko is hard and dense in texture and has a round shaped crumb, it’s not an Authentic Panko. An Authentic Panko is always light and delicate with a sliver shaped flaky crumb and has the following characteristics:
- Shape: Authentic Panko has a sliver shape and flaky crumb. The sliver shape provides better highlights making the coated product look bigger and more appetizing.
- Texture: Authentic Panko has a light airy delicate texture, providing a light crispy taste. Standard Panko will be round with a hard dense texture.
- Size: Authentic Panko has fewer fines with a larger sliver shape flaky crumb vs. the round hard crumb of standard Panko. Size matters and has a significant impact on the overall plate presentation and yield.
- Yield: Authentic Panko is light and airy, it provides at least a 26% better yield when compared to standard Panko. Since Panko is purchased by the pound but used by volume, the airy larger crumb goes further.
Compare the difference of Authentic Panko to standard breadcrumbs and see how such a simple change can have a huge impact on your menu applications. Only an Authentic Japanese All Natural Panko will give your vegetarian and vegan menu items that delicate, light crispy texture you crave without the oily taste.
Exclusively for Professional Chef and Food Distributors
We invite all professional chefs and food distributors to try a free sample of our Authentic Panko. Compare and experience the differences first hand.
We guarantee Upper Crust Enterprises Authentic All Natural Panko will:
- Taste lighter and crispier.
- Have a delicate crispy texture that stays crispy longer.
- Provide a better yield than standard Panko.
- Preform better than standard breadcrumbs.
- Deliver a better plate presentation making coating items look bigger but not taste bready.
Our simple and clean ingredients is just one of the many things that sets Upper Crust Enterprises apart from other foodservice brands. We only use traditional ingredients, without additives, dough conditioner or preservatives. Our Authentic Panko products are certified GMO Free, Vegan / Vegetarian, Kosher and Halal, making them the perfect choice for any professional kitchen.
Upper Crust Enterprises
Upper Crust Enterprises has been producing Authentic Panko for Japanese restaurants and many other types restaurants across the globe for more than three decades. Strictly keeping to the traditional Japanese methods and taking the time to do it right, each and every time, is what makes our Panko a pure Authentic Panko.
At Upper Crust Enterprises we’ve been keeping it “Clean” for over 35 years. For us, keeping our Authentic Japanese Panko and our Tempura batter mix free of additives, antibiotics and artificial ingredients isn’t a trend; it’s who we are.
Please take a minute and view our video Panko Bread Crumbs Secrets Revealed and watch how a traditional Japanese Panko is made.